Troubador Publishing is seeking a highly motivated and creative Publicist to join the team. They will be responsible for generating news and media coverage for a range of published books across both the Troubador Publishing and The Book Guild brands and promoting them to a wide audience through the media.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for literature and be familiar with the media landscape. They should be comfortable with crafting compelling pitches, building relationships with journalists and influencers, and executing effective publicity campaigns on behalf of the authors they are working with.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Develop and implement publicity strategies to generate news coverage for a range of published books across our publishing imprints.
- Create press materials, including press releases, pitch letters, and media kits.
- Identify key media outlets, journalists, bloggers, and influencers that are a good fit for each book.
- Pitch books to media outlets and secure coverage in newspapers, magazines, TV and radio programs, and online platforms.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure consistent messaging across all channels.
- Managing the creation of any ad hoc advertisements we opt for printed or digital (e.g. The Booksellers Buyers Guide ads).
- Track and analyse media coverage and report on the success of each campaign.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments to identify new opportunities for book publicity.
- Post media coverage to our social media channels and represent the publicity department on our social media team.
Key requirements for this role are:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to engage and speak to authors and journalists.
- Experience in a PR role (not necessarily within publishing).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A passion for literature and a strong understanding of the book publishing industry.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously. This role requires excellent organisational skills.
Nice to haves
Some things that it would be nice for candidates to have but are not essential are:
- Familiarity with media databases and monitoring tools.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, communications, or a related field or a demonstrable passion for PR or books.
- Some experience in design and layout would be great, but is not essential (we use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign and Canva).
Working location: On-site at our Market Harborough HQ
Salary: £24,500 - £26,000 depending on experience