● Sunday September 2nd, Forge Dam café,Sheffield, 11 am onwards, book-signing.
● Radio Sheffield - conversation with Rony Robinson: Monday 10 September 10.35 am
● Saturday September 29, Waterstones Bookshop, Meadowhall, Sheffield, 1pm onwards, book-signing.
● Saturday October 13, Waterstones Bookshop, Orchard Square, Sheffield, 1pm -2pm, book-signing.
● Tuesday November 6, Blackwell's University Bookshop, Mappin St, Sheffield, 5pm-6pm, reading and book-signing.
● Wednesday November 14, Central Library, Sheffield, 6.30pm-7.30pm, Author Visit (discussion of book in conversation with Wendy Hudson, reading and questions.)
John has worked his whole career in education, as a teacher and lecturer, software-writer and school inspector. He taught in various secondary schools, a tertiary college and a pupil referral unit. He speaks four languages and received the Medal of Honour of the City of Bochum for his contribution to international relations.
He is an enthusiastic follower of sport and the arts, loves Opera North, the Crucible Theatre, The Showroom Cinema, Beauchief Municipal Golf Club, where he plays erratically off 26 handicap, and Sheffield Wednesday (whisper it soft - he retains a secret lingering affection for his dad’s team, the Blades!). He has two grown-up children and three grandchildren. He now lives and writes in Sheffield 2, back where he was born.