Why we live to work in the 21st century – and how to work to live instead
by Ian Price
Why are we working harder than ever and yet being less effective? Why do we let work bleed into family life and holidays? The Activity Illusion breaks open the vicious circle of hyperactive work practices and shows how to fix it for you and your organisation.
You will discover:
· how to work less and be more effective in your job
· why activity has become the new status
· how up to 20% of your organisation’s payroll gets soaked up by ineffective use of email
· why we get “addicted” to email and BlackBerry
· how to create the virtuous circle of an effective work life and a great life outside the office.