About the Book
“ The gaps between directing the business and delivering the service, and between senior managers and employees are large. These gaps are major obstacles preventing improvement “ says author Ludo Houdenaert.
He offers you the recipes, mostly simple and straightforward, to bridge the distance, to deliver services to the satisfaction of your business … Just use the tips and techniques, and adapt to your environment …
This is More than a book, … it is Your Guide !
• No long stories, but straight-to-the-point ; with visual aids and recommendations.
• “Reader’s pages” for your notes, integrated into the guide, giving you the right space at the right place.
• No technical language but focus on business basics in today’s “iWorld”.
• Proposed mechanisms can easily be tailored to your specific needs.
A Must for the Business and the Academic world
Seeking straightforward, customizable, implementable and usable practices to optimize performance ? or
Looking for real cases as a basis for teaching the “iWorld” about the “bChallenge” ? ……… Then this is made for you !
Message to the Reader
“ During my career, I had the opportunity to work with many people, from all levels in the organization, in various industries, in many different countries.
I often found and am still surprised today that many employees do not know or do not understand the business objectives ; also, that most of the senior managers are far away from the delivery issues.
The gaps between directing the business and delivering the service, and between senior managers and employees are large. These gaps are major obstacles preventing improvement.
Finding ways to close these gaps became a challenge to me.
Over time, and with support of my colleagues, I have been able to identify these elements which make a fundamental difference. The required mechanisms, often simple and straightforward, and their application in different companies have demonstrated the benefits.
So, find out what it takes to bridge the distance between senior managers and employees, to deliver services to the satisfaction of your business, to create a mindset for performance excellence !
Just use the Recipes and adapt to your environment and your needs … ”
I've read this book and for me it's a clever merge of applied approached all in 1 book. There are peaces you can direct apply in the working environment and other you have think before applying. So it's a high level guidance of people who want to get over that 'difficult' bridge and jump to the other side. Clear written and logical structure.
by Maggy Janssens
• Born in Mechelen, Belgium, 1954
• Holds university degree in Applied Economics, Leuven, Belgium
• Brings over 30 years of experience in management and consulting, having held senior positions for world-class companies such as Cummins ; Ingersoll-Rand ; Fujitsu (DMR) Consulting ; S.W.I.F.T., Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications
• Directed projects throughout Europe, the USA, Asia, and Australia ; in industry, distribution, financial services
• Worked with Business and IT people in the field as well as with executives and senior management, in an international and multicultural environment ; in close cooperation with top IT companies
• Successfully accomplished many missions on work organization, cost reduction and performance optimization, including outsourcing, separation and integration of businesses
• Has been member of the Cutter Consortium, the Project Management Institute, the Outsourcing Institute
• Former Council and Board Member of the European Promotion Centre for Information and Communication (1993 – 2001)
• Independent Management Consultant since end 1999